I’ve never really considered myself a trendy person. It’s not like I’m lagging far behind the times, I just don’t feel the need to run out and buy the latest skinny jeans or whatever is new this week.
So why is it, that when it comes to the flu, my family needs to keep up with the Joneses? We’re on Day 3 of Addie being sick. Technically, I suppose it’s day 2.5, but who’s keeping track? Fever, stomach ache, body aches, cough, extreme tireness. Ugh. The poor kid is miserable. She missed her Halloween party at school today. Although she was sad about it last night, she really just didn’t have the energy to get too upset about it.
I’m going on less than the normal amount of sleep today, and when I get like this I feel the need to organize. So here’s a run down of the projects I’m working on. In my defense, I’m getting ready for Christmas. Yes, it’s only October, but a knitter has to get going early or she’ll never finish.
1. Socks for Oma
2. Cabled Scarf for Richard (my husband’s aunt asked me to make a scarf for her son for Christmas)
3. Sweater for ___________ in Debbie Bliss Merino
4. February Lady Sweater for ___________ in ___________ yarn. (You don’t think I’m going to spill all my secrets do you? Not started yet.
5. Wisp (no intended recipient yet)
6. Slippers for Sharon
7. Branching Out Scarf for my sister. Technically this isn’t a Christmas gift. It’s a swap from 2 years ago. She agreed to make me a bag if I would make her a scarf. I bought the fabric. She bought the yarn. I just got the bag, so I think it’s time for me to break out the scarf and work on it again. It’s got some bad memories associated with the scarf, so I may have to rethink the pattern.
The completely bag – fabric purchased at Fabric Works in Superior.